Social media marketing is a type of internet marketing making use of social media platforms to promote your brand’s products and/or services.
The goal of SMM is to produce content that users will share with their social network to help a company increase brand awareness and customer reach. Most popular social media platforms used for marketing is Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube.
Most social media platforms have built-in analytics tools which helps companies to track the engagement of customers. Getting to know and understand your audience can help your marketing efforts.
As a business you need to have an online presence. Having just a website is also not enough. You need to be visible on social media. Why?
- Cost effective – most social media platforms are free to sign up for and marketing on these platforms are really affordable.
- Brand awareness – people won’t become customers if they don’t know about you.
- Support – instead of spending hours on the phone, people use social media to find information or solve problems.
- Recommendations – Word of mouth is powerful and Consumers are more likely to buy from brands that have been recommended.
- Authenticity – it inspires trust and loyalty which in turn can drive sales and ROI.